Ready to be a change-maker in your High school! By joining the HEN Ambassador program, not only have you committed to creating awareness of environmental issues but you’re on your way to becoming a leader for sustainable development within your community.
This guide will provide you with templates to successfully complete each aspect. Your HEN coordinator will be available to help along the way.
There are four components of the program.
- Assess: Complete and submit an Eco-Audit for your school
- Create Awareness: Host a screening of an environmental documentary of your choice
- Activate: Launch a school-wide campaign or initiative for topic of your choice
- Move Forward: Create a proposal for a project to improve your schools Eco-Score
Throughout the duration of the program, students will receive:
- Opportunity to participate in workshops, tours, and community events
- Free tickets to local Halton Green Screen events
- About 30-40 community service hours (depending on your projects)
- Support and references from HEN coordinators, including Halton Green Screens and Greening Sacred Spaces, as well as introductions to local environmental groups that can assist with projects
- A Certificate of Environmental Excellence (upon completion of all components)
At the end of the 2018/2019 school year, all Ambassadors will be invited to share their accomplishments and to pitch their proposals to prominent members in the community.
Ambassadors will be responsible for completing the attached(?) worksheets, as well as tracking their own time spent on each component. Workshops and events are not mandatory for completion of the program, but will greatly assist in developing your projects.
Your HEN Coordinator is Heather Govender. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Most communication will be via email or skype/phone conversations. Upcoming workshops and events will be promoted through the HEN Volunteer Google Group that you will be added to upon application for this position.