Joseph Gibbons Park Tree Planting for Older Adults
Plant Tree with Us
Let’s work together to make the Hungry Hollow SNAP neighborhood more sustainable and ready for a changing climate.
Join us as we plant native trees and shrubs in Joseph Gibbons Park. Trees provide shade and natural cooling on hot summer days while also attracting local wildlife and adding beauty to your community. This event has been planned in partnership with the Town of Halton Hills and is designed for older adults (55 ) but is suitable for the whole family! Come out on a Spring day, meet your neighbors and plant some trees with us! This event is part of Hungry Hollow Sustainable Neighborhood Action Plan (SNAP).
- For your own safety, please dress for the weather, wear long pants, socks, and closed-toed shoes.
- Shovels will be provided. You can also bring your own.
- Register for this event by May 12, 2022.
- Online registration and COVID-19 screening are required.
- <a href="https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1jBbWR83Ofr3H1WAPaHAIPHsOwXVbNeU6