Halton Garden Week
Halton Food is co-hosting a virtual Halton Garden Week to inspire and encourage local residents. Our goal is to raise awareness of climate change, its impact on our local food system, and how we can support vulnerable residents in Halton.
This online event will celebrate gardening across Hal
ton Region with a public event focused on sustainable, local practices and products including:
- Heirloom and heritage seed producers and vendors
- Speakers and workshops
- Tuesday Evening Gardening Trivia
- Downloadable family activities
Confirmed speakers include:
- Sean James: “Looks Good Enough To Eat”, a discussion on permaculture
- Grandmother’s Voice: Indigenous perspectives on seed saving, food sovereignty
- Jamie Reaume: a BIPOC farming perspective
For a full schedule of speakers and workshops, please see our event page at haltonfood.ca/garden-week.