- 1Milton Good Neighbours Day Clean-up
Volunteers will meet at the Milton Sports Centre at 10:00 a.m. to pick up gloves, bags and maps and will be dispatched to designated sites in teams of at least two. Twenty sites across Milton have been identified by the Town. We anticipate other residents will join in. Let’s spend a couple of hours and work together, ...
- 4Gardening from a Hammock with Dan Cooper – Tillsonburg Horticultural Society7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Growing Under Cover: Techniques for a more productive, weather-resistant, pest-free vegetable garden – Toronto Botanical GardenGrowing Under Cover: Techniques for a more productive, weather-resistant, pest-free vegetable garden – Toronto Botanical Garden7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- 7Envirothon Provincial CompetitionAll Day
Teams selected to advance to Provincial Competition., ...Society’s Plant Sale7:30 pm
An event hosted by Georgetown Horticultural Society., ...
- 10Cypripedium Culture: Growing Lady Slipper Orchids – Master Gardeners Association of Alberta7:00 am - 8:00 pm
- 11Understanding your Soil with Leanne McRight – Orangeville and District Horticultural Society7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- 15Sunny Mount Park – Tree Planting with the Town of Milton and Conservation Halton
Sunny Mount Park – Tree Planting with the Town of Milton and Conservation Halton
Volunteers will meet in Sunny Mount Park at 10:00 a.m. We will plant trees to expand an existing hedgerow and to make a “woodlot”. If volunteers have a shovel or a spade they can bring that would be great but, if not, tools, gloves, ...Mount Forest Online Plant Sale – Mount Forest Horticultural SocietyAll Day
This event is ongoing until August 28, 2021., ...
- 17Envirothon Presentation Scenarios ReleasedAll Day
Presentation Scenarios released online; teams will have 48 hours for presentation preparation
- 18Building Biodiversity with Native Plants with Paul LaPorte – East Gwillimbury Gardeners7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- 19Envirothon Presentation Prep EndsAll Day
Presentation preparation ends, teams deliver video presentation to judge panel.
- 21Richmond Hill Garden & Horticultural Society Rain Barrel Sale10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 25Easy-to-Grow Summer Flowering Bulbs with Dugald Cameron – Toronto Botanical Garden12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- 262021 Ontario Envirothon Champions announced online!All Day
2021 Ontario Envirothon Champions announced online!
- 27Rewilding the Veggie Garden with Janice Keil – North American Native Plant Society7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Regional Official Plan - Have your Say!
Regional Council has provided guidance toward another ‘Growth Concept’ that could accommodate growth in the Halton Community to the year 2051 without expanding Halton’s existing boundaries. To ensure that the community has an opportunity to provide feedback on the new Growth Concept, the public consultation period has been extended to July 15, 2021. https://www.halton.ca/ropr
This spring, come be a part of a clean-up as we remain physically distant but socially conscious while we work to support the environment that sustains us. Find out more about the program and how to get involved: https://haltonenvironet.ca/special-events/
Generation Green 2021
HDSB students: Join us for the Wrap-up event on May 18th, 2021 at 5pm to celebrate the end of the program https://climatecollective.ca/generation-green-2021/