Halton Environmental Network (HEN) will advance education about environmental issues, with a focus on climate change, providing strategies and opportunities for mitigation and adaptation, and by providing educational programs, events, workshops, research, and training for the community of Halton.
Who We Are
Halton Environmental Network (HEN) propels climate action and environmental sustainability in Halton, by educating and building awareness in our community. As a grassroots organization, supporting our community since 2004, HEN is recognized for its successful community programs: Greening Sacred Spaces Halton-Peel, Halton Food, Halton Green Screens, Generation Green, and OakvilleReady. HEN is also the backbone agency of the Halton Climate Collective.
HEN provides workshops, community educational outreach programs, and waste diversion and mitigation initiatives for organizations and businesses and at events. HEN ensures that climate remains at the top of the agenda at all levels of government and with diverse community stakeholders. We are proud of our contributions to, and role in:
- 5 Municipal Climate Emergency declarations in Halton
- Halton Hills Low Carbon Transition Steering Committee and Multi Stakeholder group
- Halton Hills Climate Change Resilience Steering Committee
- Oakville Community Energy Task Force
- Burlington Climate Action Stakeholder Committee
- Ensuring community gardens were deemed an essential service and supported throughout COVID-19
- Educating and supporting the community with food gardens
- Being the backbone agency of the Halton Climate Collective
- Engaging youth with Generation Green
- Working on climate adaptation with the OakvilleReady program
- Propelling change and inspiring action with Halton Green Screens and our work with ArtHouse
- Supporting large community events with free waste mitigation (Oakville Children’s Festival, Conservation Halton Hops & Harvest Festival, Kerrfest, the Canadian Open)
- Leading the 100 Debates for the Environment in all five ridings in Halton, with valued partners such as the Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW).
We don't just talk about Climate Change, We Drive Solutions!