Creating a community of educated and engaged stakeholders for climate change mitigation and adaptation, and environmental sustainability.
Halton Environmental Network (HEN) strives to make the community of Halton a region with educated citizens, engaged stakeholders and best practice policies for climate change mitigation and adaptation, and environmental sustainability.
Who We Are
Halton Environmental Network (HEN) propels climate action and environmental sustainability in Halton, by educating and building awareness in our community. As a grassroots organization, supporting our community since 2004, HEN is recognized for its successful community programs: Greening Sacred Spaces Halton-Peel, Halton Food, Halton Green Screens, Generation Green, and the OakvilleReady. HEN is also the backbone agency of the Halton Climate Collective.
HEN networks with others and brokers partnerships with diverse stakeholders to:
- educate and raise awareness for climate action in Halton municipalities;
- advance local climate and sustainable environmental policies;
- deliver free environmental education to more than 20,000 local students;
- host community charrettes and political debates;
- propel free environmental workshops;
- organize free waste diversion services for special events;
- establish and support community gardens and;
- advise local municipalities, organizations and businesses
Halton Environmental Network Newsletter
Check out the latest newsletter from HEN and find out what is happening in our community. HEN Spring into Action
Generation Green: The Journey Continues
Calling ALL HDSB students: Learn how you can earn 20 volunteer hours by reducing your GHG emissions by April 26. Find out more about the program and how to get involved at: Generation Green 2021