Ever feel like there’s something more that you can be doing to stop climate change? Are you a student at a Halton secondary school?
We’re looking for eager individuals to be selected to be the HEN Ambassador for their school/community. Not only will you be involved in environmental audits and working with non-profit environmental organizations, you’ll be hosting school-wide events and campaigns to raise awareness of our impact on the planet.
HEN Ambassadors will be asked to complete the following four activities within their school:
- Assess: Complete and submit an Eco-Audit for your school
- Create Awareness: Host a screening of the hit documentary "Before the Flood"
- Activate: Launch a school-wide campaign or initiative for topic of your choice
- Move Forward: Create a proposal for a project to improve your schools Eco-Score
Throughout the duration of the program, you will receive:
- Opportunity to participate in workshops, tours, and community events
- Free tickets to local HEN events
- About 25-40 community service hours (depending on your projects)
- Support and references from Halton Environmental Network coordinators, including Halton Green Screens and Greening Sacred Spaces, as well as introductions to local environmental groups that can assist with projects
- Opportunity to participate in 2017 WE Day
- A Certificate of Environmental Excellence (upon completion of all components)
At the end of the 2016/2017 school year, all Ambassadors will be invited to share their accomplishments and to pitch their proposals to prominent members in the community.
So what are you waiting for? Fill out the form below to learn more about how you can become the next changemaker in your community.